I’m back! I’m returning with a new recipe. I’ve been trying to sort my life out the last couple of weeks and have finally managed to find myself a job, Hallelujah! I’ve been pretty busy and tired but at least my Mum can’t shout at me for being lazy. I’ve also decided to go back to Uni in September so I’ve been going through the lengthy process of filling out another UCAS application…third time lucky I hope. I’m also still going with the running, to be honest I didn’t think I would make it to the fifth week but here I am and I’m actually enjoying it, and hating it simultaneously. Anyway, I’ll do another blog on that soon. I’ll get into the recipe.
This recipe is a remake of wellvegans Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, I’ve adjusted it a tiny bit but mostly I just wanted to see what they tasted like as I’ve never made any cookies like this before, usually they turn out a bit bland. However, these are pretty good. Lets get started:
- 118g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Flaxseed
- 135g Oats
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 55g Caster Sugar
- 110g Brown Sugar
- 78ml Almond Milk
- 60ml Oil (veg is best)
- 38g Peanut Butter
- First grease a baking tray and preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add the oats.
- In a separate larger bowl mix olive oil (vegetable oil is better but I didn’t have any), almond milk, brown sugar, caster sugar, vanilla extract, flaxseed and peanut butter.
- Add the flour bit by bit and fold in slowly until all combined.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture onto the baking tray and repeat. I managed to fit 12 on.
- Bake in middle of the oven for 13 – 15mins until brown around edges.
- Leave to cool for 10mins and add choc sauce on top for added extra.
- Eat them all!
p.s If you do give them a go, let me know how yours turn out and if you liked them or not!